Shipley S1813 on Aluminum
Photolithographic Process for S 1813 Positive Photoresist on Al Coated Si Wafer
- Clean Al Coated Wafers
- Heat AZ KWIK Strip Remover to 60 °C.
- When bath is at temperature, place wafer in dish and start 10 minute timer.
- When time is complete, take wafer out of KWIK Strip and wash off with deionized water. Blow dry with nitrogen gun.
- Dehydration Bake
- Place cleaned Al coated Si wafer on vacuum hot plate, and perform a dehydration bake for 10 minutes at 150 °C. Let the wafer cool to room temperature after bake.
- Spin Coat Wafers with S 1813.
- When wafer reaches room temperature, load a wafer on a prepped Headway or Brewer spin coater.
- Choose the proper recipe, recipe 5 for the Headway spinner and recipe 6 for the Brewer spinner, and press start. Resist spun at 5000 rpm to give a thickness of about 1.35 µm.
- Dispense S 1813, about 6 mL per wafer, during the spin coating.
- Soft Bake
- Soft bake for 1 minute at 115 °C on a vacuum hot plate.
- Expose Wafer in the Contact Aligner
- Expose for 2.7 seconds without any filter for optimum exposure dose. Channel A of the contact aligner is set at 15 mW/cm2.
- Develop Wafer
- Develop wafer for 45 seconds in AZ 726 MIF Developer.
- Wash with deionized water to completely remove developer, and blow dry with nitrogen gun.
- Hard Bake
- Hard bake for 3 minutes at 100 °C on a vacuum hot plate.
S1813 Process on Al.pdf